• #1 Why should I buy an expensive domain name when I may just register one for free? When the internet started to gain popularity in the mid 1990s, you could pick up most any domain name. It didn't occur to people — yet, that domains would someday be very valuable. Some twenty years later, all the good domain names are gone. You can't just pick one up for free.
But when you buy from XYnames, it's like going back in time to the glory days of premium domain names. We had the foresight to pick up some of the best domain names in the business, and retain them — for up to fifteen years. As you know, it takes money to make money, and investing in a good, premium domain name may make all the difference between a successful business and one that struggles to get people to even remember your name or go to your website.
• #2 Okay I'm sold — I want something better than a cheapie free domain name, but why should I pay for a premium one? Can you imagine if Amazon were named emazonn or Uber ubberrr? With many domains out there you are forced to buy something that doesn't even look like a real word and is hard to pronounce. At XYnames we have many names that spell exactly the way they sound. We have brandable names — names that just ring out like a famous brand. We also have EMDs — Exact Match Domains. An EMD is a domain name that precisely matches a search query that will likely drive traffic to your website.
Basically, if you want to start from ground zero, take a cheap free domain name. But if you want a leg up in the ever competitive internet world, spend some money to get something that will add instant value to your business. At XYNames we have what you need, at a price to suit every budget.
• #3 How should I know what I should pay for a domain name? At XYNames you are free to make any offer you like for our domains. We do have some prices set for some of our domains, but in all cases whatever price we want for our domains is priced fairly in today's market. You may do your homework at places like namebio.com , buydomains.com , shortnames.com and in all cases you will find that what we are asking is reasonable. In most cases what we have to offer will be far superior to anything else you will find out there, because we have such a great inventory that has been built up over so many years.
• #4 How is the transaction for the domain handled? We use escrow.com for most of our transactions. If you are selling a domain to us, we also use escrow.com to pay you directly. If you listed a domain for sale with us, we set up a three way escrow.com with us as broker, so that you, the seller and we the broker, get paid at the same time that the buyer has received and accepted the merchandise. escrow.com has been around even longer than we have, and is one of the safest methods to handle transactions on the internet.
• #5 What about selling my domain to you? We are willing to either pay you cash on the spot, or list your domain for sale with us. We get all the right exposure and have lists of high end private buyers to make your sale happen at the maximum price.
• #6 What do you charge to sell my domain with you? If we decide to go with listing your domain for sale with us, our usual fee is 20%. You pay us nothing — not one penny, unless we sell your domain at a price you agree on.
• #7 Okay so what do I do next? Just use our submission form and send us a message, indicating what you would like to do — buy, sell, list, or just inquire about a domain, and we will get back to you quickly. Throughout the process we will be direct and honest with you. At the end of the day, it's all about the domain, and we know that we have good ones that will make you successful.